Wednesday, January 7, 2015

And we are off!

What a busy couple of weeks! As a 4th year pharmacy student we had residency applications due, and gave our Pharm D IV research paper presentations yesterday and of course I had nothing packed for Tanzania yet as of 8:00 last night. But the 16 of us leaving today all made it to the airport this afternoon and Ken was there to see us off. Well kind of... We are still sitting on the airplane at MSP waiting (3:30pm) for a part that needed replacement and something to do with the water being frozen. Which I can't say I'm surprised about since it has been the coldest day of the year thus far. I'm looking forward to the 70ish degree weather that lies ahead!

I've known that I would be going to Tanzania for one of my 4th year pharmacy rotations for about a year but it didn't really 'hit' me until the drive to the airport this afternoon. I'm excited to learn about another culture, healthcare in Tanzania, infectious disease and to learn from the wonderful preceptors, both American and Tanzanian!

No comments:

Post a Comment