Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mark 1/12/15


As an Ohio State graduate, today started out at 5 am as this was THE day (night for those of you back home) for the national championship game - Ohio State vs Oregon.  I made my way down to the "internet room" with my headlamp on.  I sat in this dusty room with old Compaq computers, following the game on game tracker.  Two hospital employees showed up about 7am and I tried to feebly explain American football with hand gestures.  After the  Buckeyes were victorious, I ran back to our lodge, giving high fives to everyone  and quickly changed clothes in time for 8 am devotions.  
Ohio State vs. Oregon and Ersatz Alums

 Later in the afternoon we had a big happy hour gathering with Professor Paul [Strykowski] and his engineering students from UMN, who were assessing  water capabilities of the hospital campus.  Attached is celebratory photo following our happy hour.  Theo, Emily and Sam  graciously agreed to be Buckeye fans for the day - the photo will inform you of the score. I think others from the group will be back to the internet room on Sunday night to follow the Packer game,  Kwaheri!

No comments:

Post a Comment