Saturday, January 17, 2015

Samantha - What a week it's been!



I'm a senior at Gustavus Adolphus College and will beginning medical school in the fall. I've been enjoying my time following the other members of our group and learning so much from them all. 

On Thursday we had a group of kids visit from Gustavus. They toured the hospital and and we had an interesting conversation about healthcare in Tanzania. 

Today I joined Emily and Laura K at the Ilula Orphan Program. We started out varnishing and sanding down the doors with the high school students and ended by playing games with the young girls. I delivered photos and letters written by fifth and sixth graders at the Church of St. Peter in Minnesota for the girls at IOP. They seemed very excited to learn about what life was like for other kids their age. The girls are working on a letter to reply to the children in Minnesota. 

When I returned to the hospital campus, we had dinner and sat around having discussions with the group while listening to Dr. Hurley and Dr. Moody sing along to Johnny Cash. I am looking forward to see what other adventures this trip has in store!

Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment