Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Oh the Excitement…



I imagine the students and faculty are settling in at Ilula, getting accustomed to their new home for a month.  Astrid has been kind enough to receive my texts with generosity.  By now I may have reached the nuisance level.  Randy uses his iPhone email, so I hope that is via Wi-Fi at Ilula and not cellular data!

Sadly, the crew needed to get new SIM cards for the phones – out of use too long.  I have posted them above, but will check to see if they work.

We have a $100 donation for the Good Samaritan Fund that I will carry to Ilula.  (Thanks Bob and Mariel!)  This is a contribution to the hospital for patients who cannot pay.  People over 60 or 65, children birth to age five and pregnant women are covered by the government.  Many Tanzanians do not know this.  However, that still leaves many who have no ability to pay for services.

Dear Readers, I would be remiss if I did not tell you how and where to make donations if you wish!  This blog is not intended for fund-raising, still….  You could send donations to:

Shoulder to Shoulder
1430 Appaloosa Trail
Eagan, MN 55122

Undesignated funds are welcome and most flexible.  Or consider Ilula Nursing Scholarship, Ilula Good Samaritan Fund, or International Medical Conference.  Just write it in the memo line of your check.

No comments:

Post a Comment